Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wilshere: I wish Januzaj was English


Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has clarified comments he gave to the media regarding the Football Association's attempt to convince Manchester United winger Adnan Janusaj to play for England. 

David Moyes revealed on Sunday that the FA were keeping tabs on Januzaj - who is eligible to play for Belgium, Albania, Serbia and potentially Kosovo if they are granted Fifa affiliation - as he has yet to settle on which nation he wants to represent at international level. 

Asked his view on the matter, Wilshere suggested Januzaj should not be allowed to choose to play for England because he is "not English", comments that were distorted in the British media on Wednesday morning. 

Wilshere stated on his Twitter account: "Just to clarify a few things....again! Seems to be a trend in this country, poor journalism in my eyes! I wasn't referring to Janujaz...

"The question was should foreign players be allowed to play for England, and in my opinion I don't think they should! He is a great player...

"I wish he was English! I'm sure most of you agree with me even if some journalist are trying to make me look bad....again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment