Thursday, September 26, 2013

Lewandowski backtracks on Bayern comments


Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has backtracked on his revelation that he will sign a contract with Bayern Munich in January.
The Poland international, 25, stated earlier this week that he will officially sign a deal with the Bavarians at the start of 2014, but he has now insisted that he has yet to make a final decision about his future.

"I was a bit shocked after I saw the video of Tuesday's interview. I only wanted to make clear that I cannot sign a contract anywhere until January," Lewandowski told Sport Bild.

"My only intention was to answer the question about when I would clarify my future. 

"Like I've already said before, I intend to leave BVB in the summer. I cannot say anything else about it until January."

Lewandowski's contract with Dortmund is due to expire in June 2014, allowing him to open talks with other clubs over a free transfer come January. 

However, it is against Fifa regulations to hold talks with other clubs until six months before the expiry date of a contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment